Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MAC Mischievous Mint

I LOVE the cute candy colored pastels that arrived in the MAC Quite Cute collection. The
offerings are a cream pastel pink called "Ice Cream Cake", a cream light lavender called "Little Girl Type", and this minty cream "Mischievous Mint". They aren't very unique, but I love MAC and figured I'd pick one up.


As soon as I opened this I was NOT happy. Unfortunately, the brushes are either different, or reacting to the formula in a weird way. The brush was weird and frayed. This led to a lot of bubbles in the application. If you look at my photo you can see bubbles in the bottle, I don't know what it is but, it added to the bubblyness. So basically, I had a really wonky application with this. The formula is Thick and Runny at the same time, I don't know how that is possible. Because of the frayed brush, layers would not go on completely, it was just a mess. You can kind of see how thick the color looks on my nails. That is 3 coats, which is a lot, but I had to do 3 to get color on all parts of my nails. Maybe it needs some rolling beforehand, which I didn't do. The color is really very pretty and perfect for spring, but if I can't get it to look nice on my nails, what's the point? Especially at $14, you would expect better quality. This color is a dead on dupe with Revlon's Minted which is only $4 at drugstores and American Apparel's Office which runs $6. It's also very similar to China Glaze's Refresh Mint, China Glaze's For Audrey, OPI's Mermaid Tears, and many other cheaper/ better alternatives.

Standard MAC packaging

This is the color at it's richest in warm indoor lighting

I couldn't get the Macro setting on my camera to work, if you have good eyes you'll probably notice how frayed the brush is. Just, poor quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment