Wednesday, May 25, 2011

American Apparel Neon Purple

Here's the last of the American Apparel Neons I got. Neon Purple. It's a rich looking bright purple semi-jelly that dries a little matte.

The formula in this bottle is by far the best of the 3 I tried. It is a tiny bit thick, but goes on smoothly, not gunky in any way. This thickness made it the only one that I would actually consider a one-coat formula... although I did 2. It applies great, and has a matte-ish finish. I topped them with Seche Vite to get the glossy look.
The color is really rich and bright, it's not necessarily "neon" but it is HELLA bright. It isn't really a pure purple either. As with the Neon Red, it is more pink than the name suggests. This purple reminds me of those purple orchid lei's that people wear at graduation.


I don't know if I would wear this color often... maybe this color is better suited for Summer as opposed to Spring. It is reallllllly pretty, and wears like a dream; but I don't think it looks good on me... or with the colors I've been wearing this season. It is probably a knock out on lighter skin. I definitely recommend it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment